19 January 2010

Useless information from Useless Books Episode 1

While volunteering at the Housing Works Bookstore, I generally leaf through some pretty terrible books. Like, I could go as far as to say they are not worth the paper they are printed on. One of them: Kissing: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About One of Life's Sweetest Pleasures by AndrĂ©a Demirjian, is like a Cosmopolitan article that has miraculously turned in to a book with no content. 


Typically, I spent too long reading it, and almost found myself completing the "kissing survey quiz," which is supposed to tell you the average characteristics of the people with whom you make out. Is he tall and dark? Short? Fat? Sorry, the term wasn't fat, it was couch potato. Anyway, it would have required me to make a list of all the people I've kissed, rate the kisses from 1-5, detail their looks.... which seems like too much work. 


However, this book did provide one tidbit of almost useful information. On St. Agnes day (January 21) if you do not "kiss" anyone and then wear clean PJs to bed, the face of your future husband will appear to you. 


Also, did I mention that this book is completely hetero-normative, and therefore, even more of a waste of space?


No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.