They have many aspects that I love. First, the ability to preserve the environment by reusing books. Second, in the case of Housing Works, the ability to benefit others. Thirdly, the books are less expensive, and fourthly (odd word), they give you the ability to be like "WTF why did someone buy this book in the first place!"
Now, if I were in a different place in my life, I would be donating my books to Housing Works and taking the tax credit. However, I do not itemize my deductions, making donations pointless other than the goodwill I spread and the virtue I feel (and I do donate money, to planned parenthood, amnesty, my college...).
Right now, I cannot afford to be generous with my books, which have some value to others, so I sell them on Amazon. So far, I have made enough this month to pay for my metrocard, my textbooks for this term (granted, I have 1 textbook, but still!) and then a little left over for that activity... what is it called? Fun. Oh right. Occasionally I have fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment