The title of this post is a translation from the Eunuchus, but it fits in quite nicely with my latest grammar rant.
I am completely guilty of this error, so it's less of a rant about what other people do and more a "why can't I stop myself from doing this" rant.
I just sent an email that said "I'm almost done."
See, no, I'm not almost done, I'm almost finished.
Cakes are done, people are finished. I can never remember.
That being said, my last blog post sparked some what grammatically pisses other people off.
Drew can't stand the use of hysterical instead of hilarious.
C. can't stand "irregardless."
I think this is my new book. Pet Grammatical peeves. Maybe it will be more of a best seller than "Boys say the darndest things."
I am not destined for fame.
27 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment