27 November 2007

22 years and counting

So i didn't make a list on my birthday, but procrastination always leads to reflection.

Here is my list from my 20th birthday

1) get my drivers lisence CHECK
2) go abroad without my parents CHECK
3) purchase such grown up items like a hair dryer CHECK
4) get an A. I just want 1. just 1. CHECK
5) never make a list like this again. UNCHECK!

Here's the list from my 21st birthday

1) get my drivers license. It is verging on PATHETIC. CHECK
2) figure out what I am going to write my thesis on. CROSS OUT!
3) actually go to the gym (I think i make that resolution like every 2 months) Uhhh...
4) get a summer job CHECK
5) date someone older than me. It kind of bugs me that everyone (not that there are that many) i've dated has been younger than me. perhaps this shouldn't be on the list. it might be too much information. oh well. i'll just chalk it up to list vomit. 
6) do the ledyard challenge. CHECK
7) finish reading all of Nabokov. I am so close yet so far. especially since i'm not quite sure if i can read his treatises on chess. Uhhhhh....
8) Cultivate my music taste. UHHHHH.
9) continue to make lists like this for many many years. Can do!

1 comment:

AbbieBabble said...

I am SURE that you could read Nabokov's treatises on chess. They are quite stimulating.
I would know that.

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.