I am newly addicted to several new bands. (well, new to me)
Kaiser Chiefs
Busted
Let Loose
Kaiser Chiefs have been just lying in wait for me to discover them on my computer. Busted and Let Loose are two british pop boy bands. Busted has a song called "Dawson's Geek" about this girl who is addicted to dawson's creek and names her dog pacey. Let Loose has a song that basically consists of the words "everybody say everybody do" and not much else.
They all are really good walking to uni bands. as i tend to bob my head and walk in sync with the beat. Everyone already thinks i am a crazy american anyway.
Today was a really good day. I had conversation class for Gaelic at 9, came back and translated until gaelic at 2, then went and hung out with S. We watched Dogma and Heartbreakers. Then I came back and immersed myself in Villette by Charlotte Bronte. I had started it some time before, but never finished it, so i restarted it. It was good. And melodramatic.
On the way home it was really clear, and while waiting for the bus I watched the stars. There is not a lot of light pollution from Glasgow, so there are some stars. My all time favorite constellation is the big dipper. One of the reasons is that I can always find it and the other is that driving at night with my family, i used to twist my head so that I could stare at it.
C'est tout, mes amis. Je vais ecriver plus demain.
26 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
2 comments:
Like Otis, the Republicans will get their come uppance. Probably on election day.
Love,
Mom
Isn't there a place to study on campus (it takes a while to go back and forth, doesn't it).
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment