I arrived in Oxford on Saturday morning, where I met L. We went back to her house so that I could shower and change. She is doing a Williams program for a year. The Williams house is nice, and has these garden gnomes.

Then we went to various colleges in Oxford - there are 39 - and I took lots of pictures. Here is one:

The colleges were cool, but what was cooler was seeing various places that are mentioned in books and used in movies.
This is the fountain that Lyra and Will come to every Midsummer's day in Philip Pullmans "Dark Materials" Series.

This is where C.S. Lewis and others used to go to the pub:

This is the courtyard they used for a model of the one at Hogwarts. It is really at the Christ Church College, the oldest college at Oxford. The students who go there think they are all that.

My favorite part of Oxford that most of the courtyards have grass in the middle that you get fined £10 for each step you take on them. They are very pretty, but pointless. Here is a picture of the one in Christ Church College:

On Sunday we went to london and walked around. I love London. I dream that I will be able to live there someday. I'm sure they need latin teachers in England as well as America. I went back to the Tate Modern AH-mazing.
I hope all is well with everyone!
2 comments:
Does this mean that, since you and I are destined to live together and have a ridiculously clean house with dogs instead of cats, that I too must live in London? Whatever makes you happy, dear.
By the way, when Emma says "C.S. Lewis and others," she means "C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien."
Just thought you all might want to know.
Post a Comment