5:30 am: I am happily sleeping on the bus back from oxford when water starts dripping on my face from the ceiling. I swerve, ramming into the woman sitting beside me (Sidenote: right after she got on the bus she texted her friend "The bus is rather crowded, so i am sitting next to a skinny bookish girl" - apparently i am "bookish" because i was wearing a grey cable knit sweater, a brown corduroy blazer, a scarf, my glasses, and carrying "The Longest Journey" by E.M. Forester...who knew that would make me "bookish!" but I am also skinny. much better than sitting next to a fat person) so, anyway, i swerve and wake her up. she glares at me. Oh and the water is both greyish and thicker than water should be.
7:30 I get back to my room to find a letter from the TV licensing people that I have been watching TV illegally without a license. I have? I must be unaware of this. I call them and tell them they really don't need to fine me £1000 because the only "TV" i have been watching is Grey's Anatomy downloaded from Itunes. An american show, paid for and downloaded 3 days after it airs, does not qualify as "TV' in the license law.
12:00 Go to library to take out a book that I need to read for class tomorrow. The self checkout place says "There are problems with your card, please go to circulation desk." I go to the circulation desk and they tell me that I have not returned a book that was due 10 days ago. Wow, another shock. I haven't returned a book. I was unaware of that fact. I say I'll go home and check. Lo and Behold, I have returned the book.
Conclusion, I am just going to go to bed for the rest of the day so nothing else bad can happen to me. Or, I can't be told that I am doing something wrong when really I am completely innocent.
23 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
1 comment:
Its like a catalogue of suck, right there.
Sorry about that!
Post a Comment