30 October 2006

Come take a walk with me.

Today D. sent me the song titled "Dear Mr. President" by the same title by Pink featuring the Indigo Girls. I really admire both Pink and The Indigo Girls. They all strike me as strong, independent women who aren't afraid to speak their minds. I may be wrong, but Pink has so far resisted the fate of Jewel, who is also an artist in her own right, but people tend to dismiss her.

One of the verses is:
"How do you sleep while the rest of us cry
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye
How do you walk with your head held high
Can you even look me in the eye
And tell me why?"

"Why?" Seems to be a question I ask myself a lot lately.

in 1993, The 4 Non-Blonds released a song that was also titled "Dear Mr. President:

I'm walking outside on a sunny day
with no one around
and I wonder what's wrong
then I hear this loud piercing siren
oh my God the bomb has just dropped
and everybody climbed right on top screaming
what a wonderful country
but the man he's burning it down
he's burning it down.

The only question is will he listen?

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.