30 October 2006

I know that I am the luckiest.

I need to refocus my blog. All of you know by now that I am a bleeding heart liberal who supports gay marriage and disagrees with the catholic church and that I am somewhat crazy. But you do NOT know what I did on Sunday, and that MUST be rectified.

I woke up early to go to Stirling, which is about 35 minutes from Glasgow by train. It is the location of Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. We (S, J and I) got there around 10:15 and went to the castle. It is smaller than Edinburgh Castle, but I would have prefered to live there. This is a picture of part of the castle. Apparently I was remiss and did not take a picture of all of it!


In the Great Hall, James the IV (I think those are the right roman numerals!) had windows put in with the shields of the nobles in his court. This one might have significance to my mom's side of the family....


Then we walked to the Wallace Monument (shown here in a view from the Castle) The monument was built in 1860 and was surrounded by controversy. What was controversial for me was the narrow winding staircase where i thought i was going to die.


From the top of the Wallace Monument there were AMAZING views of the the town of Stirling and the Ochil Hills (which looked like mountains to me!) Scotland is truly beautiful. This is from the top of the Wallace Monument.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.