Right now I eating mac and cheese shaped like characters from shrek. It's making me feel like a 7 year old. except when I was seven, we walked uphill to school both ways and the only special shape mac and cheese they had were wheel shaped. It's also a bit of a a rip off. They give you less mac and cheese when it is shaped like something else besides an elbow. They are like "IT IS ART! HAVE LESS"
I went running today after sleeping far too late. I go running along the Perth-Clyde Canal, which is part of the "British Waterways." Today I saw a grey heron, which is related to the Great Blue Heron that we have in the States. It was very majestic. There was also the typical swans, ducks, and people fishing. I don't understand fishing in a canal. I have never seen anyone catch anything. But it was a fall day, cloudy and damp, but somehow still nice.
As far as I can ascertain, Homecoming was a good time. No giant fires. Oh wait, that's the point of homecoming, we almost won the football game (typical) and there were the parties. I am sad I missed it but I still have one more.
Right now I am also taking a break from translating Plautus. My brain fills full. Translating latin is like the mental equivalent of Thanksgiving. "ONLY FIVE MORE LINES!" "BUT I'M TIRED" is like "ONLY ONE MORE BRUSSEL SPROUT." "BUT I'M FULL!"
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment