I am more interested in how other people write their blogs now that I have one. What makes a blog funny and interesting is detail. I am more entertained by transcripts of conversations or observations about the actions of one person than an "I did this, I saw this." Here I am torn. I am sure that since I am far away, and unlikely to talk to the people who read this blog until December, I feel that I should tell people what I'm doing and what I am seeing. On the other hand, I cannot stifle my desire to entertain. To reach a middle ground, I think I will attempt a combination.
Today I walked down to University to find out when a meeting was. On the way back, I got asked for directions twice. Unfortunately, I was unable to answer either queries. The second person who asked me got really really close, and was totally invading my space. So I was so distraught that I couldn't even answer if I had wanted to.
Today is also move in day for everyone. Now people live in my flat. So far there are two other girls and two more to come. I don't know if our flat is co-ed or not. If it is, flatcest must be prohibited.
The use of the word flatcest also opens up a can of worms that must be addressed. My audience. Again, I am torn (I'm sounding much like a ratty piece of cloth right now). On one hand, my parents, and other members of their generation read my blog. Hopefully flatcest makes no sense to them. On the other hand, my friends and contemporaries read it as well. So, if I leave out mentions of flatcest and scandals, I am definitely leaving out an important part of this blog. There is really no middle ground for this issue.
Maybe I'll start a rating system and each post gets a rating it will be like the movies, except opposite.
G=everyone can read
PG = older generation is forewarned
PG13 = older generation, remember that I am 20
R = it's not me doing the scandalous things, it's other people!
NC 17 = older generations, you might be scarred
Let me know what you think!
also, a disappointingly small amount of people (aka no one) has asked for my phone number or address. I will not accept lame facebook messages for my birthday. I will disown you if I dont get at least an email. (If you want a card to get here on time, you need to send it like 10 days in advance. That would September 26th.)
P.S. I was just spell checking my entry, and the spell check goes "would you like to replace blog with bloc?" "Idiot child! i'm writing a BLOG. and you DON'T RECOGNIZE IT?"
15 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
1 comment:
I'm in favor of the rating scheme.
Your mom
Post a Comment