26 September 2006

First Day of Classes

Today my friend wrote to me:
"I love your writing. Have I told you that? I mean, you really have exceptional writing skills."
I feel like I write like I talk. so I guess that's why we are friends. That being said I put the email in my "Emma's Ego Boasting Blitz Folder." which i read when i am having a poor self-esteem day. I really meant to, on the folder, write "boosting" but I kept it the other way to remind myself that I can't really spell very well.

Today was the first day of classes. I had Latin Oratory and Gaelic. Going to latin class is like putting on a ratty tee shirt that i've had for years and is comfortable and soft. Gaelic is like the oxford shirt with too much starch in it for comfort. In Gaelic we learned how to say "Who are you?" "My name is..." and how to pronounce the consonants. It is a wee bit confusing, but the teacher is really enthusiastic. Hopefully her enthusiasm can make up for the fact i haven't taken a living language for four and a half years.

Off to do Laundry.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.