All I thought as I walked to meet him (and he was early. and I was early. Odd.) was "Please let him be moderately cute. And not morbidly obese. Anything but morbidly obese." Ok... honesty is the best policy. I didn't say morbidly obese in my head, I said fat.
I can't remember really what we talked about, other than our families (I think) and college. J3 went to the same college as my mom. I can remember what I was wearing, and that J3 used gel in his hair (I fixed that...). I know that he didn't violate any of my first date red flags, like touching me, drinking more than two beers, or asking questions in machine gun rapid fire.
After we had our first date, he sent me a great email. The date was worth a second date - but the email sealed the deal. Unfortunately I have deleted it - or it was in my NYU account, which I no longer have access to, otherwise I would quote from it.
I really thought, honestly, that he would be just another three month fling (my favorite length for flings, perfect really. It's month four that is when it gets tiresome.), until it had been three months and I found myself asking J3 what he wanted from me and from us. I count that conversation as when we started dating, but..
I'm so glad I met you a year ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment