09 April 2010

Lack of skills

I can't juggle anything. Beanbags, bowling pins, fiery knives.

I also can't juggle things and people. Right now, there is just one too many things going on in my life. The car is broken, i have two papers, a masters project, job search, student teaching, and people in my life. I have, in no way, put those in order of importance.

I feel guilty that I am letting people down, i feel guilty that I am not preparing enough for my student teaching, I feel guilty that I have not even started a research paper that is due in 10 days... I just feel so bad about not being able to do more.

In test optimization, you have to make sacrifices if you want to improve another area. For example, if you want to improve the authenticity (how much the test task looks like the real world) you have to sacrifice reliability (how consistant the results will score). Seems like an analogy to my life, and I seem to be making the sacrifices in the areas that are hardest for me to live with.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.