Learn my new life motto. I have realized that the path to meeting people does not lie in sitting at home and watching bad TV, although I kind of wish it did. Maybe there could be a movie theater that showed seasons of old shows. I'd go...
ANYWAYS.
I am trying out for Gotham Volleyball, which is exciting. It is kind of like the LGBT and allies league. Meet new people! I also need to find my knee pads and pray that I can still play. From past experience, volleyball is not like riding a bike. This starts Sunday.
I signed up to volunteer at the Housing Works Bookstore. Housing works is a chain of stores, really, only 3, that sells used books or used household stuff. All the proceeds go to help people living with AIDs, such as job training, medications, etc. Since working in used bookstores is one of my favorite things to do, it's both charitable and fun. I am so glad NY provides many different types of volunteering. This starts next Friday. I am going to test out the idea that doing things for others makes you feel better about yourself.
28 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
▼
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment