There's a meme going around (what is a meme? How do you pronounce it?) where bloggers are thanking Steve Jobs for everything he's done for us. Besides my bank USAA, there is no consumer product I love more than my apple computer.
1) The operating system is simple and I ADORE spotlight, which is like google for your computer hard drive. I also adore ical, and ichat and the built in video camera and idvd etc. The programs that come on the computer are all wonderful. I only suffer through adobe when I have to, but I find preview to work better. You can crop the document (useful when it is a crappy xerox) and increase the resolution etc. I love how it organizes your music and makes changing the settings for the computer easy. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have also changed over to the apple office, instead of microsoft office. Besides the fact that the default font is not times new roman, there is an easy way to do almost anything you want with the document. So thank you steve jobs, for making a computer that works like my brain and not like a messy closet with memory problems.
2) My last computer was also an Apple. Heart! So it broke sadly after the warranty expired and I was pissed because the geniuses said there was nothing to do about it, and everything was gone for ever, but after an extended vacation it came back to life! It works now, and now I have two computers. So Apple is AMAZING. things come back to life!
3) Moving on to the IPODs. Like every other person in the world, i have an ipod. In fact, I actually have two. ONe is an ancient OMG they have color! now, the new one is the size of my pinkie and plays TV shows. This is actually my only annoyance with apple. They continually reshape the ipod so not only do they stop making cases for the old ones (a problem when you drop your 4 year old ipod on the sidewalk and the case fractures), you also look unhip if your ipod could be used as a paperweight instead of a paperclip.
So thanks Steve Jobs. I heart your products. They (I think) are worth the money for the performance and reliability (Since even when they are defunct, there is still hope!). They also require me to use far too many parentheses when writing about them.
31 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
▼
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment