27 January 2009

The flood is about to end!

So after I start student teaching next week, I doubt I am going to have time to blog everyday. But since I was lying in bed last night counting my readers, and I have about 6, I doubt that anyone will take it that badly.

I wanted to write about my classes, and give everyone an update on what I am doing.

Mondays 4:55-6:35: Teaching a Second Language: Theory and Practice
This class is theoretical and practical. The first three weeks will be spent learning theories of language acquisition and then the rest will be spent on theory and on practical matters. The professor is very interesting and I like him.

Tuesday: 6:45-9:00pm: The Second Language Classroom, a Literature based approach
This class is mostly practical and gives us strategies for teaching a second language. It is a pretty small class, but it is also very long because it is 4 credits. I must remember not to look at my watch during this class.

Wednesday: 4:55-6:35: Language Assessment and Evaluation
The title says it all.

Thursday: 3:30-4:15: SEminar for Student Teaching
This class works with our student teaching for problem solving, strategies and guidance.

That's it. I student teach from 11:30-2:45 every day.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.