But seriously, all jokes aside, I may be wasting away.
I went to the doctor on Friday and was appalled to learn I now weigh a paltry 125 pounds. I have not weighed this little since 7th grade. So I scheduled a follow-up for today. I could not quite remember how much I weighed at the beginning of September. So the doctor told me. Apparently, I have lost 12 pounds in three months. This is what happens when your family does not have a scale!
She was like "Are you limiting what you eat or making yourself throw-up?" and I was all like, honestly, you think I am constricting myself or over-exercising? Or making myself puke? First of all, I am unhappy I have lost this weight, I don't even exercise and I have the best self image EVER. Look! I am even writing about it on my blog. Also, puking is the worst thing ever. I'd rather have hair that magically turned purple.
It took me a while to convince her that I was uncomfortable with this development - or undevelopment. I was like "You know when you see those 12 year old girls on the bus or subway and they just look uncomfortable in their bodies? That is how I feel."
Apparently my THD (I think that is the right acronym- the thyroid hormone) is in the normal range but on the low side. She didn't want to do more tests today, but gave me a referral to the nutritionist and told me to keep a food journal to make sure I am eating enough. If I haven't gained weight - or at least stopped this slide into nothingness - over the holidays, tests in January. Keeping a food journal will be satisfying, I am narcisstic enough to enjoy writing down what I eat and where I go.
Oddly writing about this on my blog is good. I feel silly having this problem, but I am worried about it, so getting it out there makes it seem like I can do something about this.
15 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
▼
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment