08 December 2008

An except from my old computer

My old computer started up tonight, for no reason what so ever. It came back from the dead. I quickly acted to drag all the files over to my new computer, creating angst and frustrated. Anyway, I seem to have been more creative in producing some writing excerpts. They might be bad... but here is one:

"Aristophanes or Alcibiades wrote hundreds of years ago that humans used to have four arms and four legs. Joined at the back, they were so complete that the gods felt threatened and Zeus ordered Hephestes to split them apart. (Indirect command, iubet +ut + subjunctive) Before they were split.

Love is defined as finding the person who is your other half, the half with which you can threaten the gods. 

Since this supposedly happened a long time ago, before everyone who is alive now was born, I imagine souls traveling around before birth in their complete form until they are ripped apart, by Zeus's order, and by Hephestes with his enormous crowbar, and have to live their lives separately.

No one knows who, or what type their other half is, and blindly looks around for it. However, now, they are forced to join in any way possible since their bond has been broken.

Once you have found your other half, losing them can seem like the end of the world.


No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.