1.5 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
.5 cups molasses (some recipes called for brown sugar, some for white and molasses. I trusted this one because of the recipe that called for apple butter. why not some extra liquid?)
2 eggs
2.66 cups flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoons salt (one recipe called for cake flour and baking soda, so I used regular flour and added some extra baking powder)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
.5 teaspoon nutmeg
.25 teaspoon ginger
.25 teaspoon cloves
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
preheat oven to 350
grease three 8" cake pans
cream butter. add sugar and molasses. stir. add eggs one at a time. alternate flour mixture and buttermilk. bake for 25 minutes.
Icing:
1.5 pounds cream cheese
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons molasses
beat cream cheese until creamy (duh), add molasses and vanilla. beat. add sugar at one cup intervals. beat.
I'll let you know how it is received.
No comments:
Post a Comment