05 November 2008

De Tribus Rebus

There is one blogger, I read his blog once, who writes his titles in Latin. I have decided that I should adopt this practice for a couple reasons, including the fact that I know enough Latin and should make use of it, and because all my other titles were getting old. Now even though I am sure I have used this title before, now it's in Latin!

I watched the election results come in last night. Alone, in my house. It is hard to get excited or emotional when you are alone and feeling sick, but I realized that I was not emotional for a couple reasons. I had spent too long expecting the worst, that when the worst didn't happen, it was anticlimactic. Like when you dress up for the really cold weather and then it's sunny and warm out. So, I wasn't very emotional about it. My first thought was "Finally, America has made the right choice."

I really admired McCain's concession speech, I thought it had a lot of honor in it. Now he can go back to being a good senator and a good man who has served and does serve our country well.

I have decided that I will no longer use the dryer when I do laundry, unless it is sheets. Since it is winter, our house is very dry, and I have a heater in my room that I can hang clothes over to dry this project should not be too difficult. This will save at least 2 runs of the dryer a week. It also means doing my laundry on Friday afternoon so it is dry by Sunday! I'll keep you updated on the struggles of my dryer abstinence.

1 comment:

D said...

I think your blackjack should obviously be called your crackjack. or crackerjack. or crackcrack.
ugh, too much caffeine.

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.