1) My Phone. I just got a Samsung Blackjack II. It allows me to check my email without carrying my computer around. NYU, unlike Dartmouth, is not endowed with convenient kiosks on which to check blitz. It has also eliminated my planner, but not my to-do notebook - i need that for scribbling things down like the number of times someone says like "while" they are talking.
2) My Bank. As my sister says, if my bank were a attractive male, I would marry it. I adore my bank. Some excellent things about it: I haven't paid any fees on my credit card EVER. I can go to any ATM and the fee is refunded. They have good phone manners, and they talk to you like a person. I can scan my checks in and the money is available immediately. I love love love my bank.
3) My sweet manhattan portage bag. Perfect size, perfect color. Need I say more?
4) The way New York looks on a quiet early morning. The country feeling without the lack of public transportation.
5)The feeling of satisfaction when I've done everything I'm supposed to do. It's like the high one gets after extreme physical activity.
6) My virtual chia pet. Cute, resuscitated with the click of a button when I kill it.
7) Feeling needed. Who doesn't like to feel needed?
8) Feeling appreciated. My friend once said "Emma, you are excessively considerate." I still trot that out when I am feeling overlooked.
22 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
▼
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment