I got home on Saturday.
Sunday found me unpacking my stuff while trying not to break a toe by stepping on somethign my sister had left on our floor.
Trying to make a dismal afternoon organizing stuff better, I went to use my LOVELY 5 disk CD changer, which I just bought while building my excessive sound system, to play some music. It did not work. The implications for this are exceedingly wide, because my stereo, of the build your own type, does not have a tuner. Apparently, those are all built into the equalizers now. Since I inherited this from my parents, it's too antiquated to make sense. So. There I was, no tuner, no CD player, and in a dire need for music.
I decided that my only choice was cassette tape. So, I pulled one down from the messy stack that may fall on my head and kill me while I'm sleeping, and put it in. It is the mix my sister made me on my 12th birthday. The first song I hear is "Istanbul." I think, oh, this could be interesting, kind of a window in to my horrible music taste as a child. The next song is Love me Tender. I hear the openning bars and wonder if I actually liked Elvis. Oh wait, it's not Elvis, it's the weird swedish guy who rewrote all his songs in Latin. Other gems on the tape include like 4 disney songs and then it abruptly switches to classical music. Apparently, I had taped over it to make a music appreciation study tape. I am sure nothing spectacular was lost.
To do today:
Fix CD changer.
18 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
▼
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment