06 April 2008

Going Unplugged

Yesterday I decided that I would try the secular sabbath thing, not using the internet all day and waiting until dark to watch a movie. So, besides the fact that I forgot to send an email on friday that I had to wait until today to send, there were really no hiccups.

Oddly enough, I was more productive than I would have been otherwise. I woke up around 8:30ish and made crepes for D and his roommates. They were very tasty, especially since I bought nutella for them.

Then I did some work, preparing for my classes and reading about Cicero. We cleaned up the kitchen and raked the yard. Then, it was time for the afternoon nap.

So the day without internet moved slowly, but there was no "time suck" of getting sucked into the new york times or some other website and loosing a ton of time. I also woke up and checked my email this morning, and nothing interesting had happened at all. So, lesson learned, its ok to check out of the world for a day.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.