31 March 2008

It's not you... it's your books

The article in the New York times with the same title - you can read it here,
rang so true.

I have not broken up with someone over their book taste, but bonded or fought, maybe. I have ranted about this before, but I'll rant about it again. I abhor Jonathan Safron Foher. or however you spell his name. I like to call him Jonathan inSufferable Face. In high school we read Everything is Illuminated. My sister likes to say Everything is NOT Illuminated. And then, sometime after September 11th, he wrote Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. UGH. Extremely bad and Incredibly annoying is more like it. I find his writing pretentious and superficial. And he recycles ideas.

So, of course he came to visit my high school class and as I was sitting there in contempt, I watched all the other girls in my class swoon. Pathetic. Anyway, bed is calling.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.