So far, today I have been disappointed in the world.
1) I have been accused of trying to get out of jury duty because I asked for a deferment until April because I am still in school, they gave me one until March. So I asked for another one. Then they told me that since I am employed as a Teacher, my employment status counts, not my student status. I can appear before the court and plead my case. Great. It's also an hour and 15 minutes away. So, since finals are Monday, there is a chance this could be a nightmare beyond all nightmares.
2) Thefts at Dartmouth are on the rise. It used to be a place where you could leave your computer on your desk in the library when you went to get a cup of coffee, but not anymore. This is not limited to the library and people you don't know. A theta left her purse full of laundry quarters in the laundry room (in Theta) and a sister used a bunch of her quarters. I am not saying I am above using a tablespoon of somebody else's milk without asking (sorry Mary) but I would never use money or a lot of cooking supplies. It's just really disappointing that some people no longer feel that stealing is a bad thing.
3) My kindness has been abused. I hate utterly when you say you'll help someone with someone, or drive them somewhere, and they think somehow that you'll wait around for them so that you can help them. Or if you are driving someone somewhere and they talk on their cellphone most of the way. In my world, that's rude.
4) The city of Lebanon decided that they HAD to plow the streets last night for 3 hours. I kid you not. They were removing the snow between the sidewalk and the street. So it was loud, and the were like three trucks going back and forth. The best part is, is that it's actually above freezing today so the snow is melting on its own. I just wonder what person thought this would be a good idea and didn't think that it was Sunday night, and people might want to get a full nights rest before the week. If it had been a Thursday night, it wouldn't have been so bad. Lebanon has no 311 number, so there is no way for people to complain. How annoying.
5) There is no five.
03 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
▼
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment