11 August 2007

It really does happen....

This summer has been the first time that I've been in the city and over 21 for the first time in my life, which has lead to visits to bars and chatting with, shock of all shock, men. I have learned a couple things:

- men actually do use pick up lines, the best opener i've heard so far is "How are you surviving this heat"
- there are two camps of men, the ones who buy you a drink, and the ones who don't. (I would totally be the latter, i'm cheap)
- southern accents get thicker as the night goes on
- bar stools are precious, guys have to determine if it's worth it before giving one up.

Of course, I am dating someone, so I have the benefit of interacting with this scene from an impartial point of view. It's a lot more fun, at least i think it's probably a lot more fun, than if you were trying to meet someone.

1 comment:

Gemma said...

The best is when you go out with a guy to a bar and you are the one who gets hit on by a girl. But then I feel kind of bad for the guy. . .

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.