I've been debating for a while on whether or not I should write about this on my post. For one reason that it delves into my private life and for another, it delves into a part of my life that I am not really comfortable with people knowing about. I shouldn't be, and I've been wanting to write about this for awhile, so hear it goes.
I was with someone on and off for about three years, and one thing he would always say to me is "I get you more than most people." He once used the onion analogy, telling me that I was like an onion and he knew about more layers than others.
Now i'm dating someone else, and he also tells me: "I get you."
It bothers me a little that people feel like I want to know that they "get me." It's not a prize to be won, understanding me. I'm not going to care about you more or less if you "get" me or not. Some part of me does not want to be understood. I like to be slightly irrational and a conundrum.
And what does it mean when they say that? They see where I'm coming from? They understand what I'm trying to say? Do they like me more because they "get me?"
This is just some random wanderings, there was really no point in this post.
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment