22 July 2007

What "We" Did this weekend

Ok, So i didn't really do anything this weekend, but lots of stuff went on around me. I just did laundry and recycled magazines.

Weekend Overview:

1) My Dad and Drew worked on the deck - I apologize, I did not take pictures before or during the demolition. Mainly because on friday I was at work while they removed a layer of plywood and layer of flooring. I got home and it was all neatly in plastic bags.

Here are some pictures:
End of the second day (Saturday):


End of the third day (Sunday):
2) My cousin competed in a triathlon:
Sunday from 4:00am-8:30am:
I realize that excrutiating detail does not make up for my failure to post regularily, but I am not that funny and chose to spare the world most of the time. However, Sunday morning was quite a day.

4:00am. I am sleeping in the living room on the fold out couch. Drew is sleeping in the dining room on the floor and snoring contentedly occasionally. The coffee machine goes off.

4:05am. My cousin is in the kitchen, eating lots of food. His dad comes up and joins him. I make small talk about the upcoming triathlon. I don't actually remember what we talked about.

4:15am. They go in to the dining room to pump the bike tires. It is about 5 feet from drew's feet. I go wake up drew, and the bed shuffle begins. I stumble downstairs to my room to sleep on my bed, Drew stumbles on to the fold out couch.

4:2am. All is quiet. My cousin and his dad have left. I fall back into a troubled sleep because I know Dad and I have to wake up at 7 to go see my cousin finish.

6:40am. In my stress the night before, I set my phone alarm for 6:40. Unfortunatly, my phone is upstairs, next to Drew's head. I hear it go off, go upstairs, retrieve phone, make coffee go back downstairs, change from pajamas in to clothes.

7:05am. Dad and I are stumbling around, looking for travel coffee mugs to take with us to the finish line. Drew is a heap under the blankets. Not even his head is visible.

7:25am. We arrive at the finish line. No one is really there.

7:55am. My cousin finishes his triathlon. I have finished my coffee. Dad and I return to the house to finish our respective tasks - him, waterproofing wood, me, laundry.

8:20am. We are back. Drew has gotten bagels and cream cheese. They are delicious, but having drunk coffee before eating, I can only eat half of one. I save the second half for later and the day begins.

Ok, the day was the busiest before 8:30. Need I say more?

ps. I finished Harry Potter.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.