29 June 2007

Archiving my life

One of my summer projects (summer projects!!) is to get all the pieces of paper i've saved sorted and throw away what I don't want and put what i do in plastic sleeves in a binder. Today I spent about 2 hours working on it. I currently have about 5 one inch binders filled and still have our trip to england, our trip to scotland and college stuff to do.

Sigh.

but anyway... I found this great letter to the editor that L and I wrote after our stuyvesant high school paper accused us of wasting money without even talking to us about how much the tech crew saved. Some choice bits...

"As directors of the tech crew, it was obvious to us that the author of this staff editorial failed to contact us about the ways in which tech and costume crews use our budgets and ways we save money. The author suggesed that tech crew "resurrect and revamp old sets" to "reduce the amount of money spent on new materials." The problem with this statement is that we already do this...Unfortunately, there is a limit the amount we can save because of the storage space we have. If the author had ever set food in the tech room, he or she would have seen flats with with three or four different layers of paint, each from a different production. We go beyond reusing sets and wood to save money. Featured in some preformances are couches found on Chambers Street and a door from Brooklyn...."

L and I really layed into this poor writer. Oh high school journalism.

I also found some really cool stuff, like my acceptance letter to Dartmouth, my architecture award, and the award for technical direction. OK, I totally forgotten about recieving this. I think Ms. Thoms wanted to appease me after the several fits i threw about not being on the STC Slate. I love dredging up high school theater drama. I also found the spectator issue (our hs newspaper) from right after we won SING! senior year.

There is some stuff missing because it's in a binder that I do not have access to. I am not bitter though. It's all stuff I only want in the "i'm sure my kids will enjoy looking at this some day" way.

I also put my sister and my absolut ad collection into plastic and back into the binder. We have a lot. There is this really cool one for National Coming out Day, where it's like a pop up book. I love interactive magazine ads. I totally wanted to buy absolut after pulling the tab that said "COME OUT." it was like it was saying "Come out and buy me! I am tasty Vodka!!!" But I don't drink vodka.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.