12 April 2007

My Weekend and More

This past weekend I traveled to the great metropolis of Washington D.C. to see a Kaiser Chiefs concert and spend Easter with my sister. Easter was kind of the afterthought, and we didn't even go to church.

On Friday I flew down and Adar met me at the airport. Since it was passover, going out to dinner was not really an option, so we made Matzo Pizza at his apartment. It was delicious. I think the fact that I am not jewish makes matzo pizza that much more exciting to me. His apartment is nice, very college. The kitchen was gross. I had to clean it. So much comet was used, but then you could see the stove top. Then we drove to D.C. and had scintilating conversations in the car. We arrived at C.'s apartment before she did, and rang the doorbell. Her roommate, who has never met me, and was not informed that I was coming almost didn't let me into the house. It was uncomfortable. She came home soon though.

Saturday was pretty low-key. I slept until like 11, we got brunch, went to the store, I worked on some theta houseman stuff, like cleanups and housing. We painted these: Then we had dinner, leavened pizza. It was a toss up between what was better, drank some beer and went to the Kaiser Chiefs concert.

The Kaiser Chiefs deserve their own paragraph. The concert was extraordinary! First of all, the venue was like the perfect size for it, and the audience was so into them, and really excited. This is where I, in a cliche fashion say, the energy was really positive. Moving along, they played some GREAT songs, and had a lot of fun on stage. C. and I found ourselves standing in front of a group of british guys who were both really cute and really fun. There was also this girl who was there alone but was seriously not sketchy at all. I had a lot of fun. What I really liked about the KCs is that they were all about playing their music and not what I call "playing with the audience."

Sunday we ate brunch, walked around a little, got desert, then I traveled home. Travel was so hideous that I don't even want to write about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

on behalf of all jews everywhere, i'm really proud that our matzah pizza was even in the same league as real pizza. the passover equivalents of normal foods usually taste like sawdust jello. so i'm glad we did justice to the word "pizza."

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.