20 November 2006

This song is the cross that I bear

Several Things

1) Rangel is trying to reinstate the draft. I find myself agreeing with his logic:
"At a time when some lawmakers are urging the military to send more troops to Iraq, ''I don't see how anyone can support the war and not support the draft,'' said Rangel, who also proposed a draft in January 2003, before the U.S. invasion of Iraq. ''I think to do so is hypocritical.'' -Associated Press, Nov. 19, 2006

2) Iowa is growing grapes for wine! I always knew the midwest had it in itself!

3) So, the other night my friend complimented me on the fact that I titled my blog posts so that they were not just rants. Here is a rant. My FLATMATES DON"T DO THEIR DISHES. Every night I do their dishes.EVERY NIGHT. now admittedly, when at home, I don't do my dishes all the time, because I know that my mom or dad will do them for me, but they are my mom and dad. I would NEVER leave my dishes for my friends, or my flatmates to do. I like to think that I am not that immature. But then again they are first years. Maybe freshman year if I had been living in a flat i wouldn't have done my dishes. but i think i would have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the article about Iowa, too, and I thought the same thing. Iowans have a bit of independent spirit(s).

Love,

Mom

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.