16 November 2006

A quick one while he's away

I think my brain is in shock. I haven't had this much work all term. I realized on wednesday that I have a paper due on Friday, so i divied (correct spelling?) it up and have to write half each day, which i didn't quite achieve..., and then i had four sections of the Second Philippic, two sections of Pro Archia, 200 lines of the Adelphoe and 20 gaelic sentences to translate into English. Blah.

So far I have completed the gaelic exercises, the 2nd philippic, the pro archia, 125 lines of the Adelphoe and 1/3 of my essay. Not bad. I was up really late last night - as in 3:30. yuck. i hate staying up that late. so today all i have to do is finish the essay and the Adelphoe translation.

Oh well. this weekend I am quite literally doing nothing, so I will have plenty of time to sleep and do everything that has fallen by the wayside, like laundry and sleep.

best word I saw today = Fruiterer.

I am beginning to be addicted to using the equal sign when i write. Especially in the form ... = le suck. Like when I do something wrong, i might write "i = le suck" or if something is gross, like soup: "this soup = le suck" the unnecessary "le" comes from the end of the world animation: "But I am le tired" "So have a nap! then fire ze missiles" and the suck comes from when I was stage managing a show, and as a joke the director would just yell "SUCK" when the actors forgot their lines. We called them "suck notes" the equal sign comes from how in latin you have the nominative and the predicate nominative, and the verb to be is either left out, or is equivalent to an equal sign. For example: "Homo est servus" can be translated as "A man is a slave" (the equal sign) or "That is a slave-man."

Ok i have just sucked (hah) all the amusement out of "this soup = le suck" by analyzing it.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.