I have decided, after much introspection, that I am going to make my millions by publishing a book entitled "Boys say the Darnest Things." This is going to rocket me to instant fame and fortune, I may even have a TV show.*
I have already compiled a short list. Submissions are welcome, but I will not be splitting the proceeds.
"I think we were just tired and lonely"
"I need to know so I can make an informed decision"
"I thought of you but then I recovered"
"Oh, by the way, I got married last spring."
"i am excited for our platonic relationship in which i describe my complicated relationship with this girl"
There are many more, but I would be making too much fun of someone if I included them in this forum. What I find amusing is the use of the words "lonely," "informed decision" and "recovered"
This book will also include tips on how to elicit such comments from boys, mainly "how to put yourself in awkward situations without realizing it," "how to figure out who is the most likely boy to say rediculous things," and last but not least, "how to remember the things boys say (internal repetition, repeated giggling to yourself, writing on walls, etc.)"
*(G, I apologize, I worked out the idea for this entry in a blitz to you.)
12 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment