17 November 2006

I haven't slept a wink...my mind is on the blink

I was about 30% functional today. I seem to be affected with stress insomnia. If I only have time for 5 hours of sleep, it is guaranteed that it will take me at least an hour and a half to fall asleep. If i have time for 8+ hours of sleep, i am asleep in almost the time it takes my head to hit the pillow. In the past, I used to deal with this by yelling at myself in my head "Emma! go to sleep! you have to sleep!" Now I just count backwards from 100 repetively or decorate an imagined apartment. Usually then I become so fascinated by what I am thinking about that I do not get stressed about not sleeping.

Back to the 30% functional. When I am sleep deprived, I lose spacial perception and bang into things, or go out entrance only doors. There are turnstiles to get into the library - you have to swipe your card - and i tried to walk out through them except ended up only running into the bar. I yelped and had to walk to real exit. It was embarassing. Then I walked into the wrong building for class. Then I stopped walking up stairs at the wrong floor. Then I got stuck in the bathroom because the door opened funnily. In a funny way.

Today was so terrible - the weather, the tiredness - that I decided the only thing i really wanted to do was sit at home and eat far too much chocolate. Both of those things have been achieved. Things are looking brighter. Much brighter.

To this weekend:
Laundry
Pre day before thanksgiving shopping shopping
christmas shopping
rediculous amounts of translating
sleep
running
finding a tailor to replace the zipper on 1 of my 3 pairs of jeans.
clean kitchen and fridge.

My weekend sounds fascinating, doesn't it?

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.