21 September 2006

This weekend

I'm off to London tonight.

It should be fun.

I realize my blog has strayed from it's original purpose of informing people what I'm up to. This was evidenced by the conversation I had with my mom about the tota uva nihil. She was like "I liked the part about the graffiti" I was like "I liked my chia pet segment." Her response: "That was Ok....."

Today I had class, we talked about "Sunset Song," which I highly recommend (and have already recommended it a couple times). The author, Lewis Grassic Gibbon died when he was 34, after he had published a several books and many short stories. He was also a "proto-feminist," and a lot of his main characters are women, who are portrayed with complexity and understanding.

Then I came home, ate lunch, read (I'm in the midst of "The Name of the Rose") went to the store, took a nap, putzed around. I'm reading "The Name of the Rose" because we watched the movie in Humanities freshman year, and I would love to watch it again (because I spent so much time shocked that we were seeing sex and dead bodies in a class room to really understand it) but can't watch it until I read the book. I think the only movies I have seen without reading the book first are the Princess Diaries. Oh, that's a lie, I read the Tolkien books after I saw the movie. I wrote some postcards, unfortunately to people whose addresses I do not have, so I will have to email them, ask them for their address and then send it, which totally ruins the surprise of a postcard. Oh well.

Vocab of the day
hob = stove burner
bin liner = trash bag
cooker = stove top

I was thinking today about how time passes, and if you had told me at the beginning of high school who I was going to go to prom with or that I would go to Dartmouth I would have laughed in your face. The same with college. If you had told me that I was going to spend junior fall in Scotland taking Latin and traveling around by myself or that I would be friends with people I completely disliked freshman year, I would have laughed in your face as well. It just goes to show how unpredictable life is, or that what I do is completely unexpected.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.