It was like Friday Night Lights, small town outside of Boston style. Our team were the underdogs. The other team was the larger, better team with fans who said things like "bullshit" and made noise during the national anthem. Our fans were positive, and nice, and definitely did not bring illegal pompoms into the arena. Okay, our fans did chant something negative once, but that is compared to the constant negativity.
So events like this make me want to raise my children in a small town, where everyone knows each other, everyone goes to the same high school, and there is one thing that almost everyone can support. It is so different from the way I grew up, which is why I find it so alluring.
1 comment:
I could never raise my kids in a city. Or California. I wouldn't know how. I'm all for small towns.
Post a Comment