18 October 2010

Currently Reading

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen

The first chapter of this book was a short story fiction in the New Yorker. It was a bad fiction, because it totally was a chapter of a book, not a short story.

The New Yorker published a couple chapters of his book "The Corrections," and the sensation of reading chapters of a book that you have read before as a short story is eerie. I don't like it.

So far, I can't pass judgement on this book. It hasnt caught my interest but I will finish it.

Wicked by Gregory Maquire

Oh, fluff! Most interesting part is that the women have the power. It is a matriarchal society.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wicked is weird. Interesting, but weird.

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.