1) I am moving to the Boston Area in August/September 1st.
2) I have lived (with the exception of college) with my parents for the last 24 years.
If both 1 and 2 are true, then we can conclude that 3) I have a lot of stuff, is also true.
So, I have started the sorting process. I thought I would start with three categories, but it quickly morphed into 4, and then 5.
Here are my categories:
1) Stuff to bring. The absolute essentials that I cannot live without. Clothing, sheets, etc.
2) Stuff to donate/sell. Stuff to which I am unattached.
Now it gets cloudy
3) Stuff to give to friends: tee-shirts, random stuff that belongs to them, etc.
4) Stuff to store in the basement at my parents until I have a bigger place/my own place.
5) Stuff to store outside of the basement at my parents place until I have a bigger place/my own place.
In size order, from smallest to largest, I hope the list goes as follows:
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Caveat: I really don't want to bring that much stuff to begin with.
So far, today I have been pretty brutal with clothes and books.
No comments:
Post a Comment