02 February 2010

Charlotte's Web, Indeed

In high school I wrote a paper exploring the literary references in All The King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren. I entitled it Charlotte's Web, because she creates "words in a web," and the analogy worked to talk about how RBW uses literary references to manipulate the reader. 

The NY Times did that today to me in this article: Abstract Thoughts? The Body Takes them Literally.

It ends with this quote: "Yesterday is regrettable, tomorrow still hypothetical. But you can always listen to your body, and seize today with both hands." Let's revisit this idea: which I have totally blogged about before, but can't find the entry.

"look to this day, for this day is life, the very life of life... for tomorrow is but a vision, and yesterday but a dream, but today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope." -Kalidasa

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.