Weekends are super nice.
I am upstate, visiting some family, and just relaxing. Yesterday I went for a run, did work for the rest of the day, had dinner and then watched Must Love Dogs. It was a cute movie. It was a good day.
Today, I woke up moderately early for a Sunday and went for another run.
If you know me, you know that my sense of direction and ability to remember directions or maps is non-existent. I am incapable of picturing a map in my head or remembering when to turn right or left, even if I have been to the place before. So, I www.mapmyrun.com -ed my run yesterday and had the perfect three mile run planned. Then I left the sheet with the directions at the house. My run ended up being maybe a mile and a half.
Today, in contrast, I brought the directions, but they were incorrect, and I ended up adding about a mile to my run, making it 4 miles. It was good though. It's kind of damp today, which makes it easier for me to run because I don't get all dried out.
Now I will make some lesson plans and stop by the nursing home to see my grandmother before we head back to the city and start another week.
Oh, also, this is one of the reasons I am a vegetarian: NY Times article about tainted ground beef.
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
▼
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
1 comment:
Weekends when you stay in New York when Abbie comes to visit are the best weekends.
We missed you on our massive eat-a-thon! Have a good time visiting your grandmother!
Post a Comment