07 September 2009

Greatest Fiction

I am still working my way through the 100 Greatest Fiction Books since 1923 (as determined by Time Magazine) and I realized that I have not written about them in a while.

Over the summer I read:

Gone with the Wind
Deliverance
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
Beloved
A Death in the Family
The Bridge of San Luis Rey
Death Comes to the Archbishop
Gravity's Rainbow (I admit defeat on this, I cannot get past page 200)
Herzog
Lord of the Flies
Rabbit, Run
Tropic of Cancer

I am in the middle of Falconer by John Cheever.

Next up is Revolutionary Road. I hope to finish this by February, which is when I started reading this list last year. Next year I plan on reading some of the authors that I really liked.

This may be the driest blog post ever.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.