26 May 2009

Boston/New York/PARTAY

Well, the party part is a lie.

This past weekend I was in Boston for my cousin's baby shower. Well, actually, she is my second cousin. It is super exciting that she and her husband are having a baby. They are two of my favorite people in the world. Luckiest Baby Ever!

The latest book on my list was American Pastoral by Philip Roth. I did not really like it. Maugham is a present narrator - I forget what that literary device is called - but he only tells the part of the story that he could possibly know. Roth, on the other hand, inserted himself, and then completely made up the rest of the story. I guess it could be the narrator telling the story that he is making up, but why OMG do that? I am not a fan. I guess I also don't really like super modern books, although I did like White Teeth.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.