17 April 2009

Anxiety Days

Sometimes I have these days where I am very anxious. They seem to be caused by me not doing something that I should have done. For example, I should be applying to more jobs than I have been. Instead of applying for jobs, which you think would help, I usually make an insane to do list of everything I have to do, complete the tasks and then apply for a job. 

The more I do, the less anxious I am about having not done the really important thing. 

Anyway, a picture from the scanning project: This is me, running the 800. I think I may have been even skinnier then. 


Speaking of track, I ran into my middle school track coach the other day. He has a freakish ability to remember names and people. I like to think that he remembered me because I was a SUPER STAR, but that is not true.  

I had my best time for the 800 in middle school. By high school, I had kind of given up on track. I could have been stronger better faster if I practiced more, but SING! was at the same time as track. Seeing him inspired me to run again. I just wish I had a team to practice with... I get bored running alone. Also, doing the downward dog exercises alone is weird. That sounds dirtier than it is!

Today I am going to a conference on teaching foreign languages. As I type, I am trying to figure out what to wear. I had to go to the dry cleaner to pick up clothes, and apparently my parents had a lot of stuff at the dry cleaner as well. I learned altruism can involve being poked in the hand with hangers on the way home.  

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.