On Friday night I went to a Straylight Run concert. Lovedrug and Sparta opened for them. It was at the Fillmore, and it was a 16+ concert, which means that anyone over 16 can get in. Drew and I went, and raised the median age.
Since I am on crutches (which I have determined is the only way to go to concerts) We got in early, got to take the elevator up, and then they asked us if we wanted to sit in the VIP section. Apparently liability issues get you special treatment. We declined, because the unwritten rule is that you must stand to fully appreciate the band.
All the high schoolers were a) dressed like mini hipsters, b) making out. The hormones in that room were ridiculous. Drew and I made fun of them with inpunity until we realized we were both wearing black tops, jeans and black converses. Or we realized this when we first saw each other.
The one thing I cannot stand about hipsters, or really alternative bands, is their like fake apathy about the world. They just stand around, not getting worked up about anything. GAH. It is so annoying.
Straylight Run was really good. They opened with Existentialism on Prom Night (not that most of their audience had even gone to a prom yet) and played a lot of stuff from their new album that was really good. Although I object on some level to buying music, I think I might buy their new album.
24 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
1 comment:
sometimes i poop just to know i'm alive...
Post a Comment