The unsung heros of my gastronomic life are:
1) Eggs over easy with toast. Eggs over easy are my latest go to food. I swear, they never come out wrong, only as eggs over medium. They don't break as easily as sunny-side up, they are delicious and protein filled. I had one as a snack today.
2) Malted milk balls. I had forgotten these existed until today, when they had them at Homeplate. Even though they look like moose poop, malted milk balls will always be near and dear to my heart.
3) Beets. Delicious. They stain things. Need I say more?
4) The Napa Valley sandwich. Avocado, sprouts, turkey, rye swirl bread. I feel like I am from california when I am eating it, even if snow is falling outside.
5) Tostitos (can I even spell that correctly?) There are always left over bags in the Living room. Which I steal. And enjoy. Lovely free food. Heart.
05 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
4 comments:
I just ate a bunch of those delicious malted milk balls from homeplate today. They are my dad's favorite candy, and as such have a place in my heart, too.
nothing can compare to the FC california gobbler. with extra boursin.
Ooh, I love eggs over easy with toast too! You are a smarty (because you like some of the same things I do), Emma!
Also, Napa Valley sandwich = my favorite FC sandwich. (But don't forget about the pepperjack cheese and spicy ranch dressing!) Sometimes I like to get it on a wheat wrap. Yum. I feel like I am from California when I am eating it ... because I am from California. (And it does snow in California -- where I used to work they got like 30 feet of snow each winter. But yes, it doesn't really ever snow in Napa. I feel like the grapes would not do so gloriously well in such a non-temperate climate.) Ooh, wine would be good right now.
Oh, I forgot to tell you--this post made me walk all the way over to the Hop today to get eggs over easy.
-MS
Post a Comment