I didn't live blog Adar and Sal's radio show last night because I was eating dinner. I um, listened to approximately 5 minutes and got pissed off because Adar was ranting about the fraternity system. So then I stopped listening. I see no reason to listen to someone insult the greek system as a place where "it's like buying friends." I am a part of the greek system, and I have never felt like I am "buying" friends. So next time, Adar, think about your audience. What is funny to you is hurtful to others. Peace.
-Emma
11 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
1 comment:
I personally hate hearing someone insult the Greek system. I say this as someone who criticizes it severely. The difference though between me and the people I dislike is that I am a part of the system so I know from experience about the things I critique, while the others just rant on about something of which they don't know. I find that implying that joining the Greek system is like buying friends is not only one of the most insultings thing you can say to someone in the Greek system but also one of the most untrue! I had friends before joining a sorority! I think. . .
Post a Comment