03 February 2007

Live Blogging Adar and Sal's radio Show

Introduction: The whole premise of their radio show is to just eat dinner on the air and talk about random stuff. Not a bad idea, and I tried to get as many people as possible to listen to it. They didn't all make it, so I liveblogged it. Forgive me if my comments are a little hars.


6:10 Inane discussion about onions sweating. Apparently onions sweat, and that is what lets out the flavor. Apparently Julia Child should be threatened. Since Adar has trouble with potato salad, I think JC has little to worry about.

6:12 OMG someone called! Adar just made up a bunch of stuff about his cousin Dylan being drafted by the Astros.

6:14 Playing of the Italian National Anthem.

6:15 Apparently they want it to be an open forum and give advice. They asked if Dylan had any challenges.

6:16 "Adar's ego is going to start leaking out his ears if we keep talking about how much we love him." HOW TRUE SAL.

6:19 Adar: Sal, if you were to grow only one vegetable, what would you grow?"
Sal: I am not a carrot fan....
Adar: I want to know which one vegetable...
Sal: I'd go with broccoli... it's a blank canves
Adar: I'd grow onions...they are like the macena of vegetables... it will take you to the end game

Okay, i'm paraphrasing, but .. I hope I'm giving you the idea.

6:21 All onion dinner parties? Bill Gates? Gross and probably not true.

6:22 Short discussion about the evils of the Yankees.

Adar has been monopolizing the conversation. He tells Sal to ask him a question.

Sal: what's your favorite cheese?
I lived a cheese free life...
I love cheese: DITTO.

6:25 Discussion of the difference between first course and seconds.

6:26 Adar can't skate. He's terrified of drowning. IN HIS OWN EGO!

6: 27 Sal and Adar are apparently are spiritually listless.

6:27 Adar is having vegetables. Joy. Spinach. He cooked it in a pot. too lazy to find a pan.

6:30 "if you like lettuce, let us know!" I want to drink heavily. next time, I'm combining this with a drinking game.

6:31 Intriguing. unnamed caller who needs advice on a rash. In a private place. After an incounter with a woman of ill repute. Should he see a specialist? It is so a buttered niblet. Advice: seek treatment outside because baltimore is crappy. I knew that.

6:32 Sal is taking an eating break.

6:33 this show is nothing but one bad joke after the other.

6:35 Now sal is having some spinach.

6:36 Not usefull at all to be "Edward Swiss Army Hands" HOW WOULD YOU OPEN THE GADGETS.

6:37 Now mention of different sized dildos. Oh man, this is heading down a slippery slope.

6:38 I might have just been mentioned. but I wasn't paying attention.

6:39 DS IMed them. HAHAHAHA.

6:40 Adar's aunt is calling from Brooklyn. Dylan has WOW problems. World of Warcraft problems. Dylan needs to challenge himself. She's asking "does the show have a theme?" The answer: NOT AT ALL. apparently the dinner is supposed to be the sounding board or something else. I am not paying attention properly. They are goign to have theme nights. Like mexican nights.

6:42 18 more minutes. I may in fact believe in God. Ice cream for desert.

6:43 why are they playing weezer? Since when is Weezer Italian?

6:44 This is making me want to have a radio show.

6:45 One of Adar's Aunt's dogs got neutered. OUCH. Guys don't like to talk about neutering. It's tragic apparently. To make him feel better Sal suggests doggy ice cream. There is doggy ice cream! I am so excited that Sal is talking. Hooray!

6:49 Adar's aunt hung up.

6:50 now one of them is going to get desert. Ice Cream. Sal is going. There is money involved.

6:52 Live blogging has lost it's joy. La La La.

6:53 Their new caller is not very unintelligable.

6:55 Nothing of interest.

6:57 Another of Adar's aunts called. Now he's talking to his cousin. And his young cousins.

6:58 Sal is back. They hung up on Zach. Technologically a little lost!

6:59 Sal always wears Galoshes.

6:59 I totally got called out for getting people to listen from dartmouth. I am an angel! I am amazing!

Lindsay also ate dog food. HAHA. Smart people eat dog food.

ugh banana split. ice cream. I can't pay attention anymore. Isn't it after 7? shouldn't they be done?

7:03 It was a nice, well rounded dinner. Congratualations! It's civil war in his mouth. Joy. Brain freeze.

7:05 DS identifed the name of the italian anthem.

7:06 The show is coming to an end when dinner comes to an end.

7:09 Ugh, Omelets.

7:08 END. END. END. PLEASE. GOD. PLEASE.

5:09 Adar just insulted Sal's girlfriend. Or his family. I don't know.

7:10 They are talking about what they are doing later. And telling people to come. Most of their listeners aren't from JHU! 9 listeners. NINE.

7:11 They got shafted at hillel. No desert for them!

7:13 STILL GOING ON! THINGS TO DO. I have THINGS TO DO!

7:14 I LOVE SAL! "if you want to call in and tell us how full of shit adar is!" Everyone is agreeing. HAHAHA this is the best part of the show!

7:18 END. IT IS STILL GOING ON!

7:30 THERE IS A GOD. PEACE OUT!

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.