08 January 2007

Dartmouth Term #8 Week 2

The phrase "hit the ground running" resonates in my life like never before. Since it has been so long, I'll summarize what has happened in the last couple days.

Wednesday:
My friend TG drove me back up to Dartmouth. You may remember him - he's the guy who needed the exact same hat as he had worn before. (Update: He threw out his old one. It makes me proud.) There wasn't that much traffic except on 88th Street. We got stuck behind a demolition truck for so long that T. turned off the car and we just sat there. After I got back to campus, I unpacked, lazed around and then went to Fort Lou's with some people. Gemma was not there, which was a downer. She suggested that we write her name on a napkin and leave an empty chair for her. Maybe some pancakes will disappear mysteriously and we will know that she was there!

Thursday:
Thursday was the first day of classes. I only had one, Latin 20: Vergil's Ecologues and Horace's Epodes. It looks like it will be a very interesting class. What is strange is that this girl I took latin with in 7th and 8th grade is in it. It's quite the throwback! Then I went to the gym. Blah. Gym.

Friday:
Oh Friday was quite eventful. On Friday I had my other two classes. One of them, Roman HIstory, is the gathering place for like EVERY CLASSICS MAJOR at Dartmouth. I know SO MANY people in that class. There is also this guy, (yes, there is supposed to be stress on the this) who i would venture to say I have a tiny tiny bit of history with. But it's all history. So he walked in and nodded to me. And then I gave him the chin lift/nod. OH I LOVE THE CHIN LIFT/NOD. It is so fitting for all sorts of occasions. Then other stuff happened and then I tried to buy alcohol at the food coop. I try to buy a bottle of wine, and they ask me for my ID. I give it to them. The cashier stares at it for a while, then determines that they do not take Learner's Permits as IDs. I can get on a plane with this ID but I CANNOT BUY ALCOHOL. So my mom brings up my passport. I hung out with DV and Jose.

Saturday:
I went to the gym, had lunch with my mom, and then went back to bed. Saturday was consumed by a cold. YUCK.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.