05 December 2006
Silentia
Sometimes Glasgow does this strange things where it becomes completely silent. When I walk to school at 10:30, there is almost no one on the street, and when it is a red light, there is absolutely no noise. There are very few sirens and almost never anyone screaming. I keep expecting Glasgow to act like New York, but it never does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
3 comments:
Foreign cities are weird like that. Amsterdam has CANALS, as I was shocked and amazed to find out. Canals! How can you be a real city if you have canals? I mean, you are an awesome city, but...water streets? Bridges everywhere?
When are you headed back to NY? I know you told me before, but finals week has driven everything practical from my brain.
Hanover is exactly like that right now. Plus it's frozen.
I was awake at 6am this morning and everything was covered in frost.
There rarely are ramdom people screaming in NY are there? True, there is always traffic and after early morning jack hammers and construction noises.
Doesn't anyone else walk to school?
Mom
Post a Comment